Monday, November 30, 2015

Exit: Micro Teaching feedback

I taught Multiplication of Fractions with Julie. We had allocated the time fairly accurately, however the structure of the lesson was a bit poor. Our prior knowledge check was a bit rushed and awkward (as we were all just pretending). The teaching of the material was also quite rushed and there was no time at all for any development of skills, only an introduction (due to having about 6 minutes for it). I would add to this and remove part of the participatory activity if this was real students, and do the activity the next day.

The activity itself for the second half of the teaching was quite effective and fun. The students enjoyed it and it reinforced their skill-set. I would do it again, but I would do it later in the lesson.

Here is my feedback:




No comments:

Post a Comment